Hey guys! I am super excited to write this post today because I have been nominated for another award- yayy!
Thankyou so much to Molly and Moo for nominating me! I really love all these awards that are floating around here, I think they are awesome ways of exposing and discovering other blogs and they make you feel like all the effort you put into your blog is really mappreciated and enjoyed 🙂 So without further ado, here are the rules for the blogger recognition award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Write a post to show the award
- Give a little backstory on how your blog first started
- Share two pieces of advice you think new bloggers should know
- Nominate five other bloggers for the award and leave a comment on one of their posts to let them know, along with a link to your award post
The Little Lemon Yellow Story
The idea to start a blog first popped into my head after I stumbled across several other blog accounts on Instagram. I checked out their blogs and they were all really pretty with interesting posts and lovely layouts and I remember thinking ‘wow, I want to make something like this!’ My mum was very very enthusiastic about the idea as she wanted me to practise writing more often and we both thought a blog would be a fun way to do that. I got a bit stuck after that as to what I would actually post – usually I’m consumed with school and homework, nothing interesting can come out of that, right? – and my bright idea was shoved to the back of my mind for a little while. I can’t remember exactly how, but one day I found the idea again and just… started. It took a little while for me to format and arrange it exactly the way I want but eventually I got the hang of everything and here we are!
Another thing I can’t really remember is how I chose the name Little Lemon Yellow. I like the colour lemon yellow and I like the way it sounds when you say it out loud…. One of my school passwords was lemonyellow, maybe I got it from there?
My Advice for New Bloggers
I’m still kind of a new blogger as I only started in April last year but here’s the two most important things I’ve learned so far:
- Write for yourself, not the numbers: don’t become too obsessed with how your blog performs in terms of views, likes and comments – you should write only because you enjoy it and it makes you happy! People are more likely to visit your blog if they can tell that writing posts is something that you enjoy doing
- Read other blogs: there are so so so many blogs out there in the world and all of them are amazing! Take time to read and comment on their posts – not only will it make them feel happy but they might show some love back!
My Nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award