Hey guys! Thankyou so much for taking time to visit my blog!
I know it’s a couple of days after Christmas, but I hope you all had a lovely day with your friends and family and got all the presents you wanted (now we only have to wait a whole year for next Christmas…sigh…)
Anyways, at the end of my last post I said I had some exciting news to share, and I do! It’s not a super big deal or anything, but it’s made me feel really glowy and warm inside and so grateful that I started a blog and have been exposed to the amazing other bloggers out here. Drum roll please…. I got nominated for the Liebster Award! Twice!
In case you don’t know, the Liebster Award is a virtual award that bloggers nominate each other for as a way of acknowledging and sharing other blogs. To be honest, I’m not sure whether a single blog actually receives the award or if it’s just to spread the word about all the awesome blogs out there. Either way, I think it’s pretty amazing and I’m so so happy that I’ve been nominated! Thankyou so much to Amongst Daisies and Rafsthetically Pleasing for nominating me! Here are the award requirements:
1. Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award (put a picture of the award, you can find them through google images)
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 11 blogs (I’ve also seen other people do less so I think this is up to you 🙂 )
5. Notify those blogs of their nomination – just comment on one of their posts or something
6. Give them 11 questions to answer
Answering Questions from Amongst Daisies:
What is your favourite thing to blog about?
I really love writing lists filled with ideas of thing to do for a particular season or event (like Christmas!). I’ve always been an avid list-maker and I like the idea of sharing inspiration on how to get the most out of something like spring. Also, it lets me use all the flowery descriptive language that I find creeping into my posts all the time!
Are you a dog or cat person?
I am 1000% a cat person all the way. I used to be slightly obsessed with a book series about cats and they still take up almost two shelves in my room, I have socks, a calender, water bottle, mug, t-shirt, and sticky notes all featuring Pusheen the cat as well other items adorned with felines, I used to want to be a cat and I love my two cats to bits. Do I need to say any more?
What is your dream job?
Everything is still a bit murky in the future department of my life, but I think it would be pretty cool to either run my own magazine or be editor of one like frankie.
Who is your no. 1 role model?
I don’t really look up to any big names out there so I’m going to have to say my mum. She is amazing and I love her so much. Emma Watson is also pretty cool though.
Which season is the best?
I loveee autumn. The colours, the big cosy coats, sweaters and socks, snuggling and cuddling up with a steaming mug and a book, being warm inside on rainy days but also walking outside in the crisp air…
Do you play an instrument?
Yes! I’ve been playing the piano since I was about 8 and I’m pretty good if I do say so myself. For Christmas I got the music books for the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings soundtrack and I can’t wait to learn them 🙂
What is the best book you’ve read and why?
Probably Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil. It is just…amazing. I love all the characters, the story line, how it’s set in Australia not the US like so many other books for people my age, how I wanted to just keep reading it and reading it and how I can reread it so many times and never get bored.
Are you a city or country person?
Ooh, this is a hard one. I don’t really know – I love being surrounded by nature and the feeling of being the only person in the world but I also love the energy that some cities have and how busy and buzzy they are.
Where do you want your blog to be in three years?
Somewhere filled with more posts, more photos and more people coming over to check it out and then share it with others on this big wide web.
If you could go back in time, when would you go?
I really love historical fiction and my favourites have always been from the medieval times through to the Renaissance. Maybe I’d go to the 1600’s, so then I could dance with the French Court of the Sun King in the palace of Versailles…
Netflix or books?
Books of course! While I do use Netflix a lot and yes it does have some pretty good stuff, the Netflix in Australia is tiny and besides, what beats curling up with a good book on a cloudy day or lazy reading by the beach?
Answering Question from Rafsthetically Pleasing:
If you could have your birthday in any month, which one would you choose?
I think I’m pretty happy with the month it’s already in – November. Although it’s not in my favourite season, I like it because by then the days are nice and warm and it might even be hot enough to go to the beach! Yay!
Which movie could you watch over and over?
I’m not really sure – maybe any one of the Lord of the Rings? We watch them at least twice a year and they never fail to disappoint.
Can you lick your elbow?
Excuse me while I go try this… No I can’t! I think my arms might be a bit too long.
What is your go-to hairstyle?
Probably just leaving it out, even though my hair always gets super knotty by the end of the day…
Rose gold, silver, gold or holographic?
Rose gold 🙂
What is your favourite season?
Autumn! Like I was rabbiting on before, I just love everything about it so much
How long have you been blogging?
I started this blog in April 2017, so that makes it 8 months now. It feels like I’ve been blogging for much longer than that though!
Do you speak more than one language?
I’m currently learning French from my French-speaking Swiss grandma. I’ve been doing it for quite a while now and although we’ve been mostly focusing on the grammar side of things (agh! the verbs!) I can now hold a proper conversation in – yay!
How did you get into blogging?
I started finding these blog accounts on Instagram and I checked out their blogs and thought ‘well this is pretty cool’. I loved the idea of formatting and designing the layout of a blog to make it look really pretty and then writing things that other people would actually see and enjoy. So, here I am, writing my own blog!
Who is the first blogger you followed?
I first followed an amazing blogger that I found through Instagram – Tabi of Busy Bee Blog Web. Her blog is sooo cute and I love absolutely everything she posts. If you haven’t already, go take a look right now!
Some Random Facts
1. I have two cats and they are complete opposites of each other – one is super skinny and spends all her time off adventuring outside while the other is rather fat and fluffy and prefers to laze around on her back in the sun
2. I love running and I have competed in an adventure marathon as a team with my two best friends
3. I currently have an obsession with chocolate and hazelnut as well as chocolate coated peanuts and peanut butter (keep this in mind if you ever want to buy me chocolates!)
4. I also have a bit of an obsession with Pusheen the cat (I mean, how couldn’t you? She is the cutest thing in the world!) as well as anything cat-related
5. I’ve never eaten waffles before but apparently they are very good
6. I started learning how to drive last week
7. I lovee tea and I drink way too much of it, especially in winter
8. I live in the most isolated capital city in the world…little old lonely Perth…
9. I don’t really wear makeup
10. I really really really hate sport (except running!) and sport class this year nearly killed me – I’m just really bad at it and this is not made any better when a bunch of complete idiots yell at you every time you do something wrong
11. I have a Year 11 ball next year and I’m super duper excited!
Ok, now it’s time for the exciting part – my nominations!
Here are the questions you have to answer:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. If you could change anything about the world, what would it be?
3. What is your favourite thing to do when your home alone?
4. Have you ever had a white Christmas? If not, do you want to have one?
5. What is the best thing about blogging?
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world for a day, where would you go?
7. What is the fanciest place you’ve ever been to?
8. Do you prefer watching movies at the cinemas or at home?
9. What is your favourite smell?
10. Are you a dress/skirt person or more of a shorts/jeans person?
11. Are you happy with your blog at the moment?
I had so much fun writing this blog post, thankyou again to Daisychain Dreaming and Rafstetically Pleasing for nominating me! I hope all my nominations have fun too.